Freyr is supporting their joint venture with Nidec, Nidec Energy AS, in recruiting their core team to develop an assembly line for modules, packs and DC-Blocks.
Nidec Corporation and FREYR Battery Norway joined forces in 2022 to create a leading global provider of utility-scale battery energy stationary storage products.
Join the team and help develop the joint venture's first production line!
Reporting to our Head of Asset Delivery you will be involved in developing and deliver manufacturing assets all the way from concept to operation. This means
You could develop, establish, verify and validate the manufacturing assembly process of battery modules and packs.
You could work internationally, co-operating with colleagues and partners across the world.
You would make a tangible contribution to the energy transition: batteries are necessary for over 50% of all carbon abatement actions.
This role is to be located either in Oslo Norway or Angoulême France.
In this role you could do many interesting things:
- Define every process sub-step in detail and collaborate with equipment suppliers to develop the best manufacturing equipment solutions
- Work closely with R&D to assess manufacturability of product design and evaluate initial process concepts
- Work closely with Production to assess operability of process design and contribute to MES establishment and HMI
- Collaborate with automation and robotics engineers to develop towards the end goal of highly automated and efficient assembly lines
- Balance the line and work stations to create optimum flow and manage bottlenecks utilizing digital technology/digital twin
- Take initial prototyping concepts and develop into mass production, automated process designs
- Together with quality and other relevant functions establish and manage the PFMEAs and special characteristics
- Perform necessary design of experiments and/or multivariate data analyses to define the process window of every process operation
- Validate production processes and confirm capability and repeatability
- Scale from early prototyping to mass production volume
- Create and maintain necessary technical specifications and documentation for process and equipment and establish technical sections of RFQ and contract documents
- Write initial SOPs for pilot line and production lines
- Ensure agile process development and trialing activities, statistical analyses and lessons learned approaches
- Define maintenance procedures and schedules and spare parts management in collaboration with suppliers
To succeed in the role, we believe you have:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in battery module assembly
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing new production processes and scaling from prototype to mass production
- Minimum 2 years experience working with equipment suppliers
- Significant experience working with process validation, DoE and statistical evaluation of process performance and capability
- A high degree of comfort using English as your working language. French or Norwegian would be a plus.
Nidec Corporation is the world’s largest small precision motor manufacturer in the automotive, industrial, and appliance sectors. FREYR Battery Norway is building battery cell gigafactories in order to become a world leader in supplying clean batteries based on innovative semi-solid lithium-ion technology.
The joint venture company’s shareholders' shares are 66.7% for Nidec and 33,3% for FREYR. The headquarters are in Oslo, Norway.