Freyr is supporting their joint venture with Nidec, Nidec Energy AS, in recruiting their core team to develop an assembly line for modules, packs and DC-Blocks.
Nidec Corporation and FREYR Battery Norway joined forces in 2022 to create a leading global provider of utility-scale battery energy stationary storage products.
Join the team and help develop the joint venture's first production line!
Reporting to our COO you will set up a supplier network to deliver production line equipment.
You could be responsible for the complete procurement, contracting and completion process.
You could work internationally, co-operating with colleagues and partners across the world.
You would make a tangible contribution to the energy transition: batteries are necessary for over 50% of all carbon abatement actions.
The location of this role is flexible and it can be carried out remotely from anywhere in the Europe area (Oslo, Norway or Angoulême, France preferred). A substantial amount of travel must be expected.
In this role you could:
- Define a Capex procurement strategy
- Prepare and manage the package of documentation for RFI, RFQ and contracts for production line equipment (PLE)
- Define and run the bidding strategy, evaluation and shortlisting suppliers and identifying the best possible award strategy,
- Conduct negotiations and finalize contracts
- Execute contracts, ensuring fulfilment of contractual commitments by suppliers
To succeed in the role, we believe you have:
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Commercial Law or Technical field
- Minimum 5 years experience in supply chain, procurement or sourcing
- Experience managing contracts with a value in excess of €5 million
We would also love to see:
- Significant experience working with sourcing for an early stage product
- Significant experience with equipment suppliers in a rapidly evolving industry managing constant change in line with advancements in technology and new entrants
Nidec Corporation is the world’s largest small precision motor manufacturer in the automotive, industrial, and appliance sectors. FREYR Battery Norway is building battery cell gigafactories in order to become a world leader in supplying clean batteries based on innovative semi-solid lithium-ion technology.
The joint venture company’s shareholders' shares are 66.7% for Nidec and 33,3% for FREYR. The headquarters are in Oslo, Norway.