FREYR Battery recently announced the formation of a joint venture in the United States with Koch Strategic Platforms (KSP). The 50%/50% joint venture (JV) has been established to develop 50 GWh of Gigafactory-scale battery cell manufacturing capacity in the U.S., positioning the JV as one of the largest battery cell manufacturers in the U.S.
Production will be based on American technology in 24M Technologies (“24M”)'s SemiSolidTM platform. This technology represents a real breakthrough in battery cell production, especially in the ESS segment where the technology has powerful USPs.
These dramatic growth plans come on top of already established growth plans of 43 GWh in Europe, making FREYR Battery, already listed on NYSE, one of the most interesting battery companies in the world.
We are looking for a US-based experienced professional to join our ESS Sales and Business Development team. We are particularly interested in candidates with strong battery cell and/or stationary storage knowledge and/or renewable development experience.
The role would involve work directly with system integrators, EPCs, developers, utilities and IPPs on some of the most exciting projects in the world. This is a challenging role where you can expect to apply everything you know and learn a lot more. For the right candidate, this opportunity is a professional dream come true.
Your main tasks include:
- Sales opportunities origination and filtering – Assessing and prioritizing sales opportunities using strategic selling criteria. Support data driven decision making via internal reporting/CRM tools.
- Technical and commercial support during sales process – Become a subject matter expert across Freyr’s battery technology stack, able to answer a range of technical and commercial queries.
- Bid preparation and contract negotiation – Coordinate the development of full proposals and tender responses to Freyr customers (in coordination with and support from specialist Freyr groups) to a high standard and drive transactions to commercial close.
- Stakeholder management – Regular customer engagement and representation of Freyr at industry association events, conferences, trade shows and regulatory forums at national level. Building lasting rapport and client relationships for driving long term repeat business.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in one of the following fields:
- Business development / sales for batteries, energy storage projects, renewable energy projects or similar (OEM equipment and/or service sales, financing, greenfield development, aggregation services, etc.)
- Key account management and comfortable dealing with and presenting to C-level executives.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets while ensuring stellar customer service.
- Experience structuring and leading negotiations up to and including closing of large transactions in a complex and technical environment.
- A team player with the ability to identify problems proactively, drive projects, make complex cost/benefit assessments, and identify pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- A quick and flexible learner, intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn the confidence of your colleagues and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to travel up to 40%.
- Fluent in English, with additional fluency in Spanish being a plus.
FREYR is a frontrunner in the rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future.
With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.