FREYR Battery is on a mission to decarbonize energy and transportation systems globally by producing the world’s most sustainable battery cells.
The first step towards achieving our goals is building four battery cell factories in Mo i Rana. We will soon be opening the doors to our Customer Qualification Plant – the first industrial scale lithium-ion battery cell manufacturing facility in Norway. Here we will validate and improve technology, materials, and cell designs as we prepare for commercial production at our Gigafactories, where we plan to deliver 43 GWh of battery cell capacity annually by 2025, positioning FREYR as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers.
You will be working with scaling up breakthrough semi-solid technology creating the most sustainable batteries the world has ever seen. We are looking for highly motivated professionals to join our mission, and to help us build a centre of excellence for battery cell manufacturing in Norway.
This is a challenging role where you can expect to apply everything you know and learn a lot more. For the right candidate, this opportunity is a professional dream come true.
We are looking for a Quality technician to perform laboratory testing and analysis of materials and battery cells being produced at our Customer Qualification Plant (CQP) in Mo i Rana, Norway.
Using cutting edge technology that produces safer and more sustainable lithium-ion batteries, you will operate machines and equipment to provide high quality samples and products that meet customer expectations. Your main tasks will include all operational aspects of production, supporting in-line quality testing and carrying out maintenance.
You will monitor all activities and equipment to ensure quality, efficiency, safety and high OEE in liaison with our engineers and technical support teams.
You will have a strong focus on HSEQ and work closely with team members to continuously improve performance.
Certain aspects of the line will be manned 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. As such, some shift work should be expected.
Your main tasks include:
- Operate plant equipment and machinery, including material load
- Follow standards to ensure operational excellence and high OEE
- Be a part of interdisciplinary teams in development of product as well as technology within own area
- Support teams in meeting output, safety, and quality targets/KPIs
- Participate actively in all phases of continuous improvement processes
- Maintenance and recovery
- Participate in data collection, analysis of data and root cause analysis
- Actively share knowledge and transfer competence across teams
- Contribute to area reporting and attend meetings as required
- Train and evaluate performance of In Process Quality Control done by Quality Operators at each shift.
- Report to Quality Engineer who gives the professional skills and training.
- Employee as production member below production foreman with personal follow-up.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s level education in relevant field. Candidates with a vocational education in a relevant field and significant relevant experience may also be considered.
- Min 2 years’ experience from a similar environment, for instance lab, process equipment)
- Proven track record in delivering results, on time and to expected quality
- Strong focus on safety with the ability and willingness to follow safety instructions and procedures
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
- Experience of working in a battery production/technology environment as an operator or technician
- Experience of maintaining machinery and manufacturing documentation
- Experience of working with Production/Maintenance/Quality methodologies in day-to-day operations
- Experience of using manufacturing software / applications
- Experience in fault-finding and fault investigation methodologies for manufacturing
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
- Keen to be part of our mission to decarbonise energy and transport systems
- Flexible with a “can-do” attitude
- Performs well both individually and as a team member
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Quickly learns new technologies
- Takes responsibility for own workload to ensure team targets are achieved
- Ability to understand and analyse basic data sets and maintain digital records
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. FREYR is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future.
With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.