FREYR Battery is on a mission to decarbonize energy and transportation systems globally by producing the world’s most sustainable battery cells.
We will soon be opening the doors to our Customer Qualification Plant – the first industrial scale lithium-ion battery cell manufacturing facility in Norway. Here we will validate and improve technology, materials, and cell designs as we prepare for commercial production at our Gigafactories in Norway, Finland and the US.
We are looking for two extraordinary project developers to make up a small team of 3 driving the development of Gigafactory projects for battery cells in Europe and the US. We expect to appoint one younger and one more experienced person.
In being a member of a small team at the beginning of the development process, successful applicants will be involved in most aspects of the work, meeting various partners, municipalities, suppliers etc. This is not just desk-bound or internal work and leads to the need to apply a broad set of skills like commercial judgement, negotiation, economic modelling and people skills.
This is a challenging role where you can expect to apply everything you know and learn a lot more. For the right candidate, this opportunity is a professional dream come true.
Your main tasks include:
- Identify and manage the key value drivers for early-phase Gigaprojects
- Develop and modify the business model of the Gigafactory
- Take part in strategic partnership and JV negotiations
- Participate in the permitting process
- Ensure control of schedule and project reporting
- Maintain structure and overview over key project data
- Impact strategic decisions in the early phase of the project
- Create and update presentations to top management and Board of Director
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Masters degree in engineering or business. Master’s graduates in other disciplines with extensive relevant experience and a proven track record may be considered
- Minimum 2 years experience from a management consulting, business development or investment banking / PE role
- Skilled at financial modelling
- Competent in planning and risk analysis
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strategic mindset and good techno-economic understanding
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate a matrix organization, networking skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
- Experience in developing industrial assets
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural company
- Interest for the emerging battery technology and the wider value chain
- Fluent in spoken and written Norwegian
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
The positions report to: SVP Project Development
Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. FREYR is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future.
With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.