FREYR Battery’s mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of all transportation and energy systems by delivering the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries.
We are looking for a highly qualified Senior Project Engineer-Formation & Ageing, to be part of the team to design and build the first Lithium-ion battery cell gigafactories in Norway. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
As our Senior Project Engineer - Formation & Ageing, you will be able to follow the design, installation and ramp-up of the production equipment and enable the success of the plant design, performance and efficiency.
You should be prepared to apply your skills to overcome technical and non-technical challenges and quickly further your experience within battery and manufacturing technologies.
Your main tasks include:
- Participate to develop, design, build and implement FREYR and 24m technology production equipment and production lines with special focus on Formation and Ageing
- Participate in project teams to develop, design, installation, building and ramp up of Li battery cell plants with 24m technology
- Support the Project workpack team for the automation, control systems and plant integration with 24m technology
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry (ideally Li cell manufacturing), or metallurgic and chemical industry, in the areas of plant automation and control systems
- Master's degree in mechatronics, engineering cybernetics, electrical engineering or other similar specialization in control systems
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural company
- Experience in design, construction and start-ups of plants or bigger modification projects
- Experience in operation or maintenance
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
We offer the right candidate an important role in building Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.