FREYR Battery’s mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of all transportation and energy systems by delivering the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries.
We are looking for a candidate to work as Senior Project Engineer-MES/SCADA, to be part of building the first battery cell factories in Norway. We plan to build several factories in Mo i Rana. When the building phase of the first factory is finished, it will be possible for the candidate to continue in a new project or join our operating organization as key personnel.
You should pre prepared to apply your skills to overcome technical and non-technical challenges and quickly further your experience within battery and manufacturing technologies.
The person who takes on this role, will support with the developing, designing, and implementing of FREYR’s MES/SCADA systems. Our aim is to create the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries. To achieve this, is it of uttermost importance to have a modern, well-designed system which monitors, control and tracks the process of producing our battery cells- and modules.
Your main tasks include:
- Participate to develop, design, build and implement FREYR and 24m technology production equipment and production lines
- Manage Project workpack teams for the production equipment and production line for Li cell plants with 24m technology
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors throughout the project to ensure timely delivery and high quality production at start-up
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry, (ideally Li cell manufacturing), or metallurgic and chemical industry, in the areas of plant automation and control systems
- Master's degree in computational engineering, mechatronics, engineering cybernetics, electrical engineering or other similar specialization in control systems
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural company
- Experience in design, construction and start-ups of plants or bigger modification projects
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
We offer the right candidate an important role in building Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.