FREYR Battery is on a mission to decarbonize energy and transportation systems globally by producing the world’s most sustainable battery cells.
The first step towards achieving our goals is building four battery cell factories in Mo i Rana. We will soon be opening the doors to our Customer Qualification Plant – the first industrial scale lithium-ion battery cell manufacturing facility in Norway. Here we will validate and improve technology, materials, and cell designs as we prepare for commercial production at our Gigafactories, where we plan to deliver 43 GWh of battery cell capacity annually by 2025, positioning FREYR as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers.
You will be working with scaling up breakthrough semi-solid technology creating the most sustainable batteries the world has ever seen. We are looking for highly motivated professionals to join our mission, and to help us build a centre of excellence for battery cell manufacturing in Norway.
This is a challenging role where you can expect to apply everything you know and learn a lot more. For the right candidate, this opportunity is a professional dream come true.
We are looking for a Recycling Coordinator CQP Mo i Rana to ensure effective handling of process waste material streams from our production line at the Customer Qualification Plant (CQP) in Mo i Rana, Norway. This is a hands-on roll, with main responsibility for the day-to-day management of in-process waste and scrap cells from our battery cell production line. You will work closely with our production team across the whole production line and liaise with external recycling partners to ensure an effective and efficient management of waste streams.
You will monitor all activities and equipment to ensure quality, efficiency, safety and high OEE in liaison with our engineers and technical support teams.
You will have a strong focus on HSEQ and work closely with team members to continuously improve performance.
Certain aspects of the line will be manned 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. As such, some shift work should be expected.
Your main tasks include:
• Ensure process waste and scrap cells are safely collected, sorted and prepared for collection
• Follow standards to ensure operational excellence and high OEE relating to management of waste material streams
• Support teams in meeting output, safety and quality targets/KPIs
• Be a part of interdisciplinary teams in development of technology and processes within own area
• Participate actively in all phases of continuous improvement processes relating to process waste management and recycling
• Participate in data collection, analysis of data and root cause analysis
• Actively share knowledge and transfer competence across teams
• Contribute to area reporting against performance targets and KPIS
• Attend internal and external meetings as required, including representing FREYR in meetings with local recycling partners
• Communicate with recycling partners and ensure contractual obligations and performance targets are met
• Contribute to audits of internal processes and external recycling partners
• Contribute to planning and implementing recycling processes for our giga factories
We are looking for the following qualifications:
• Graduate in chemistry, material science or other relevant field
• A good working understanding of material recycling, preferably from an industrial setting
• Skilled at using Microsoft 365, including Excel
• Proven track record in delivering results, on time and to expected quality
• Strong focus on safety with the ability and willingness to follow safety instructions and procedure
• Good communication skills in English and Norwegian, both oral and written
The following qualifications are advantageous, but not a requirement:
• Experience of working in a battery production/technology environment
• Experience of using manufacturing software / applications
Desirable personal qualities to best succeed in the role:
• Keen to be part of our mission to decarbonise energy and transport systems
• Flexible with a “can-do” attitude
• Performs well both individually and as a team member
• Good problem-solving abilities
• Quickly learns new technologies
• Takes responsibility for own workload to ensure team targets are achieved
• Ability to understand and analyse basic data sets and maintain digital records
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. FREYR is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. FREYR has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future.
With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.